How to Login Asus Router through router.asus.com web page?
Router.asus.com is the login page to reach web interface of Asus Routers. Learn how to login into ASUS web homepage via https://router.asus.com or asus router login from the web browser of your system. If you’re working at your home or office , sometimes you might need to set up a VPN, change IP address or might need to change in the configurations of your existing network settings.
With the help of Asus router web home page you can complete many basic tasks such as changing router Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Network Password (WiFi password), configure Guest Network, Create and manage parental account, changing Admin password and username etc. You can login through both wired and wireless connection but it is always recommended to use wired connection for Asus Router Login.
In this article we are going to tell you step by step information on how you can operate your Asus router on your own by login into Asus router web home page. This process can take five to ten minutes. Please go through the important notes and tips before beginning the Asus Router login page process.
- Always use wired connection to login into https://router.asus.com page.
- Default login credentials of Asus router can be found on the router back panel.
- Please clear browser cache and cookies from the web browser settings.
- Disable VPN if it activates on your system. You can turn it on again once you logged in.
- Do not use a tablet, smartphone, or I-pad for login. Always use a laptop or computer that is connected to the Asus router through an ethernet cable.
Steps to Login into the Asus Router web page.
If you’re not familiar with Asus Router settings and have just recently bought it – or might be using it for quite a while but suddenly want to know how you can log in to it – then you can follow below basic steps to login into ASUS router homepage easily from your system.
Method One – LAN Connection
- Plugin your ASUS router into the power outlet.
- Power on your ASUS router from the Power On/Off button.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected to the internet-enabled devices correctly. For more information on it, please go through the manual.
This method can’t be performed on Mobile phones or tablets.
- Ensure the internet is active from your ISP. This will allow access to the ASUS router login page GUI seamlessly.
- Launch any updated web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Enter the default IP address http://192.168.1.1/ or www.router.asus.com into the web address bar.
- A Login Screen will prompt you to enter login credentials.
- If you never changed login credentials earlier, then please enter default admin credentials i.e.
NOTE: Both username and password are lower cases.
- First time users will be prompt to set a new username and password by clicking the Next button. Ensure to note it down on a notepad if you’re setting up a new credential.
- Now you are logged in into the ASUS router dashboard. From this dashboard, you can easily configure the router settings.
Method Two – Wireless Connection
- Turn on your ASUS wireless router.
- Go to wireless settings of your devices such as computers, laptops, mobiles or tablets and click or tap on scan to check the available wireless network.
- Locate your ASUS router wireless network name from the available connections and select it.
NOTE:– You can find the default wireless network at the back or bottom side of your Asus router. For example :- Asus_router_2GHZ , Asus_router_5GHz.
- Once you click on the selected network, It will redirect you directly to the Login page where you need to enter the login credentials i.e. SSID username and password. The default credentials of Asus router are:-
Now you’re logged in into the Asus web home page through http://router.asus.com. You can control and manage the router settings from this page.
If you face any issues while login to router.asus.com or http://router.asus.com please try with a different device or you can try with a different browser. If you are still not able to login to your Asus router then please use a wired connection for login into your router settings.
Common issues while login into your Asus router.
- www.router.asus.com not loading.
- login page not working.
- Not able to log in on a specific device.
- Admin password not working.
- Unable to find the Asus router login password.
- The Default IP address of the Asus router is not working.
- router.asus.com not working
- Invalid username and password
- Login Page is saying incorrect username and password
- Asus router login page not accessible
- Forgot ASUS router admin username and password
- invalid username and password ASUS router
- router.asus.com web home page not showing.
How to set up an ASUS wireless router?
set up your Asus wireless router through Asus router web page. It is advised to use wired connection only to avoid possible setup problems that may occur due to wireless uncertainty. This Asus router setup process may take 10 – 15 minutes to complete. Before setting up your ASUS wireless router, please read the important notes and tips carefully
Important Notes and Tips
- If you are replacing an existing router, you should disconnect it from all your networks.
- Disconnect the cables/wires from your existing modem setup. In case, your modem has a backup battery, remove it as well.
- Use a wired connection only for setup.
- Make sure to clear cache and cookies from your web browser.
- Ensure that all the cables are properly connected between your router and modem.
- An active internet connection is required from the Internet service providers.
- Always plug-in your router and modem power adaptor into the wall jack.
Asus wireless router package includes:-
- One Ethernet cable ( Yellow colored)
- A power adaptor.
- High powered antennas.
- Product manual and One grey colored ethernet cable.
Steps to set up your ASUS RT-AC66U, follow below steps:
- Attach the antennas in the right position for better signals.
- Plugin your Asus router to the power source.
- If you are receiving the internet via cable modem or DSL modem, then connect one end of your ethernet cable in the internet port of your modem and connect the other end to the ethernet port of your Asus router. Make sure that you connect both the ends properly.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings at the bottom right side on your Windows computer to select the Asus wireless network. Click on connect.
- Open the web browser and type router.asus.com or https://asus.router.com into the web address bar. You can also use the default IP address of your router to get the setup page blog.
- On the setup page of your ASUS RT-AC66U router, please create the admin username and password. By doing so, you will be able to make changes in the settings of the router. You can use the same router login username and password to login to your ASUS RT-AC66U router. Please note down this useful login credentials somewhere, so that you can take a look at it whenever you need to log in. Please note that by login into your router, anyone can easily change the security settings, so we advise you to put the unique admin password to secure your router completely.
- Now please wait until the router starts detecting the type of internet connection.
- Once the router detects the internet connection, you need to decide the network name. The network name is called SSID and is the identity of your network. Therefore, you must choose a network name, which is both unique and creative.
- Whenever you’ll set a new name and password for your network, your network will immediately get disconnected from all your devices. When that happens, then all you need to do is to enter the newly created SSID name and password to reconnect. Enter the login ID and password that you created in Step 6. This way, you will be able to log into your router.
- After successfully logging in, you need to go to the administration tab for further process. There you need to click on the tab of “firmware upgrade” and look for the latest version of firmware to upgrade. A window will pop up on the screen asking you for the firmware upgrade. Click on OK. The firmware will start downloading and software installation will start. Wait for it to get completed.
- Once the installation process is finished, you need to reboot your router.
- The rebooting can take a few minutes to complete.
- After that, select your router from the available choices appearing in front of you as shown on your computer/laptop screen.
- You need to log in to your router again with the credentials you’ve set up in Step 8 and Step 9 earlier.
- Click on the tab of firmware upgrade and confirm that your firmware up-gradation is complete by clicking on the checkmark.
This way, the process of the ASUS RT-AC66U router setup is now complete
How To Reset Username & Password for ASUS Router?
In this article, we will tell you how you can change or reset the username and password for your Asus Router via http//router.asus.com. However, the method of changing your Asus router password and username will depend on the type of network you are using. For example, different steps will be performed for users of the Asus Wireless network and Asus cable connection.
Therefore, check the troubleshooting instructions wisely and perform as per your Asus router network connection i.e. Asus Wireless Connection and Cable connection.
For Cable Connection Users:
Steps to Reset Asus Router Admin Password via router.asus.com
- Firstly, launch any web browser on your PC or any other device such as Laptop which is already connected to the Asus Router network.
Note: These steps are for Asus Cable connection users as LAN wire cannot connect with smartphones or tablets. If you’re using these devices then (Click Here).
- In the URL/ address bar, you have to enter the default IP address of the ASUS router i.e. http://192.168.1.1 or simply type router.asus.com. The Asus web address is always easy to remember.
- Once you have entered the web address, press Enter.
- It will prompt to the Login page of the Asus Router.
- You have to enter the default username and password of the Asus Router here.
Note: The default username and password of ASUS Router is “admin”. All the characters are lower case.
- After you have entered the Asus Router default username and password, click OK.
- Upon successful submission, you will enter the ASUS Router Admin Pan
Note: The ASUS Router Admin Panel the Graphic User Interface (GUI) of the Asus router. Not only you can reset the credentials here but you will be able to make several other changes to the settings of your ASUS Router.
- Look for “Status” in the Toolbar or Menu (as per your easy understanding).
- Select “Status”.
- Then select “Security”. There you are!
- Use the drop-down box to make changes to the username or password.
- >After changing the password, make sure to note it down on a notepad for future reference and then come out of settings and Log out from the Asus Router GUI.
For Wireless Connection Users:
Steps to Reset Asus Router Admin Password via router.asus.com
- Firstly, launch any web browser on your Wireless PC or any other device such as Laptop, smartphone, or tablet which is already connected to the Asus Router network.
Note: These steps are for Asus Wireless connection users. Make sure the device you are using supports wireless connectivity. If you’re using a LAN connection device then (Click Here).
- In the URL/ address bar, you have to enter the default IP address of the ASUS router i.e. http://192.168.1.1 or simply type https://.router.asus.com. The Asus web address is always easy to remember.
- Press Enter.
- It will prompt you to the Admin panel of the Asus Router and will request for login credentials.
- You need to Log In by using the correct username and password for the network.
Note: If you have not changed the username and password of your ASUS Router, then you can use the default credentials to get yourself logged in. The default username and password of ASUS Router is “admin”. All the characters are lower case.
- Once you successfully log in, you will enter the Dashboard of the Admin Panel of ASUS Router. Locate the Administrative Settings in the Menu and click on Wireless panel.
- After selecting the Wireless Panel, you will see the different types of Settings/Options related to WiFi. If you see the SSID first, select the SSID and WiFi-Band to the password. Ignore this step if your ASUS router does not support the Double Band.
- Now you need to take some password security measures here by selecting Password Protection types i.e. WEP/WEP2, etc. Select anyone which you may think will do for you.
- Now type the new password in the password field. Reconfirm it and click on Save to save the settings. Logout from your ASUS Router admin page and X out of the window.