How to Login Asus Router through router.asus.com web page?
Router.asus.com is the login page to reach web interface of Asus Routers. Learn how to login into ASUS web homepage via router.asus.com or asus router login from the web browser of your system. If you’re working at your home or office , sometimes you might need to set up a VPN, change IP address or might need to change in the configurations of your existing network settings.
With the help of Asus router web home page you can complete many basic tasks such as changing router Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Network Password (WiFi password), configure Guest Network, Create and manage parental account, changing Admin password and username etc. You can login through both wired and wireless connection but it is always recommended to use wired connection for Asus Router Login.
In this article we are going to tell you step by step information on how you can operate your Asus router on your own by login into Asus router login web home page. This process can take five to ten minutes. Please go through the important notes and tips before beginning the Asus Router login page process.
Basic steps to Login into the Asus router login web page.
If you’re not familiar with asus router login settings and have just recently bought it – or might be using it for quite a while but suddenly want to know how you can log in to it – then you can follow below basic steps to login into ASUS router homepage easily from your system.
Method One – LAN Connection
- Plugin your asus router into the power outlet.
- Power on your ASUS router from the Power On/Off button.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected to the internet-enabled devices correctly. For more information on it, please go through the manual.
- This method can’t be performed on Mobile phones or tablets.
- Ensure the internet is active from your ISP. This will allow access to the Asus router login page GUI seamlessly.
- Launch any updated web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Enter the default IP address http://192.168.1.1/ or www.router.asus.com into the web address bar.
- A routr asus login Screen will prompt you to enter login credentials.
- If you never changed login credentials earlier, then please enter default admin credentials i.e.
NOTE: Both username and password are lower cases.
- First time users will be prompt to set a new username and password by clicking the Next button. Ensure to note it down on a notepad if you’re setting up a new credential.
- Now you are logged in into the ASUS router dashboard. From this dashboard, you can easily configure the router settings.
Method Two – Wireless Connection
- Turn on your ASUS wireless router.
- Go to wireless settings of your devices such as computers, laptops, mobiles or tablets and click or tap on scan to check the available wireless network.
- Locate your ASUS router wireless network name from the available connections and select it.
NOTE:– You can find the default wireless network at the back or bottom side of your Asus router. For example :- Asus_router_2GHZ , Asus_router_5GHz.
- Once you click on the selected network, It will redirect you directly to the Login page where you need to enter the login credentials i.e. SSID username and password. The default credentials of Asus router are:-
Now you’re logged in into the Asus router login page through router.asus.com. You can control and manage the router settings from this page.
Common issues while login into your Router.asus.com.
How to set up an ASUS wireless router?
set up your Asus wireless router through asus router login web page. It is advised to use wired connection only to avoid possible setup problems that may occur due to wireless uncertainty. This Asus router setup process may take 10 – 15 minutes to complete. Before setting up your ASUS wireless router, please read the important notes and tips carefully
- If you are replacing an existing router, you should disconnect it from all your networks.
- Disconnect the cables/wires from your existing modem setup. In case, your modem has a backup battery, remove it as well.
- Use a wired connection only for setup.
- Make sure to clear cache and cookies from your web browser.
- Ensure that all the cables are properly connected between your router and modem.
- An active internet connection is required from the Internet service providers.
- Always plug-in your router and modem power adaptor into the wall jack.
Steps to set up your ASUS RT-AC66U, follow the below steps:
- Attach the antennas in the right position for better signals and plugin your Asus router to the power source.
- If you are receiving the internet via cable modem or DSL modem, then connect one end of your ethernet cable in the internet port of your modem and connect the other end to the ethernet port of your Asus router. Make sure that you connect both the ends properly.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings at the bottom right side on your Windows computer to select the Asus wireless network. Click on connect.
- Open the web browser and type router.asus.com or https://asus.router.com into the web address bar. You can also use the default IP address of your router to get the setup page.
- On the setup page of your ASUS RT-AC66U router, please create the admin username and password. By doing so, you will be able to make changes in the settings of the router. You can use the same router login username and password to login to your ASUS RT-AC66U router. Please note down this useful login credentials somewhere, so that you can take a look at it whenever you need to log in.
- Please note that by login into router.asus.com page, anyone can easily change the security settings, so we advise you to put the unique admin password to secure your router completely.
- Now please wait until the router starts detecting the type of internet connection.
- Once the router detects the internet connection, you need to decide the network name. The network name is called SSID and is the identity of your network. Therefore, you must choose a network name, which is both unique and creative.
- Whenever you’ll set a new name and password for your network, your network will immediately get disconnected from all your devices. When that happens, then all you need to do is to enter the newly created SSID name and password to reconnect.
- Enter the login ID and password that you created in Step 6. This way, you will be able to log into your router.
- After successfully logging in, you need to go to the administration tab for further process. There you need to click on the tab of “firmware upgrade” and look for the latest version of firmware to upgrade.
- A window will pop up on the screen asking you for the firmware upgrade. Click on OK. The firmware will start downloading and software installation will start. Wait for it to get completed.
- Once the installation process is finished, you need to reboot your router. The rebooting can take a few minutes to complete.
- After that, select your router from the available choices appearing in front of you as shown on your computer/laptop screen.
- You need to log in to your router again with the credentials you’ve set up in Step 8 and Step 9 earlier.
- Click on the tab of Asus router firmware upgrade and confirm that your firmware up-gradation is complete by clicking on the checkmark.
This way, the process of the ASUS RT-AC66U router setup is now complete
How To Reset Username & Password for Asus router login?
In this article, we will tell you how you can change or reset the username and password for your Asus Router login via http//router.asus.com. However, the method of changing your Asus router password and username will depend on the type of network you are using. For example, different steps will be performed for users of the Asus Wireless network and Asus cable connection.
Therefore, check the troubleshooting instructions wisely and perform as per your Asus router network connection i.e. Asus wireless Connection and Cable connection.
For Cable Connection Users:
Steps to Reset Asus Router Admin Password via router.asus.com
- Firstly, launch any web browser on your PC or any other device such as Laptop which is already connected to the Asus Router network.
Note: These steps are for Asus Cable connection users as LAN wire cannot connect with smartphones or tablets. If you’re using these devices then (Click Here).
- In the URL/ address bar, you have to enter the default IP address of the ASUS router i.e. http://192.168.1.1 or simply type router.asus.com.
- The Asus web address is always easy to remember.
- Once you have entered the web address, press Enter.
- It will prompt to the asus router login page.
- You have to enter the asus router login default username and password.
Note: The default username and password of ASUS Router is “admin”. All the characters are lower case.
- After you have entered the Asus Router default username and password, click OK.
- Upon successful submission, you will enter the ASUS Router Admin Pan
Note: The ASUS Router Admin Panel the Graphic User Interface (GUI) of the Asus router. Not only you can reset the credentials here but you will be able to make several other changes to the settings of your ASUS Router.
- Look for “Status” in the Toolbar or Menu (as per your easy understanding).
- Select “Status”.
- Then select “Security”. There you are!
- Use the drop-down box to make changes to the username or password.
- >After changing the password, make sure to note it down on a notepad for future reference and then come out of settings and Log out from the Asus Router GUI.
For Wireless Connection Users:
Steps to Reset Asus Router Default Password via router.asus.com
- Firstly, launch any web browser on your Wireless PC or any other device such as Laptop, smartphone, or tablet which is already connected to the Asus Router network.
Note: These steps are for Asus Wireless connection users. Make sure the device you are using supports wireless connectivity. If you’re using a LAN connection device then (Click Here).
- In the URL/ address bar, you have to enter the default IP address of the ASUS router i.e. http://192.168.1.1 or simply type router.asus.com.
- Press Enter.
- It will prompt you to the Admin panel of the asus router login page and will request for login credentials.
- You need to Log In by using the correct username and password for the network.
Note: If you have not changed the username and password of your ASUS Router, then you can use the default credentials to get yourself logged in. The default username and password of ASUS Router is “admin”. All the characters are lower case.
- Once you successfully log in, you will enter the Dashboard of the Admin Panel of asus router login page.
- Locate the Administrative Settings in the Menu and click on Wireless panel.
- After selecting the Wireless Panel, you will see the different types of Settings/Options related to WiFi.
- If you see the SSID first, select the SSID and WiFi-Band to the password. Ignore this step if your ASUS router does not support the Double Band.
- Now you need to take some password security measures here by selecting Password Protection types i.e. WEP/WEP2, etc. Select anyone which you may think will do for you.
- Now type the new password in the password field. Reconfirm it and click on Save to save the settings. Logout from your ASUS Router admin page and X out of the window.
How to update firmware for ASUS WiFi Router via Asus router login dashboard?
Update the firmware of your router through the asus router login dashboard so that it will remove all the unwanted bugs from last installed software. Moreover, it will be going to update the new updated features for the router and it will fix the security of your Network.
- Make sure you need to login into the asus.router.login page.
- For login into your router, you need to type the http://router.asus.com or asus.router.login.
- It will prompt up with asus asus.router.login Username and Password
- Use admin for both asus router login username and password.
- If it is not accepting the default username and password in that case you have a different type or password which you set up at the time of installation.
- Otherwise, you can reset your router so that you can set up a new username and password through which you can get into your router page.
- After login into your router, you need to go to Advanced settings.
- Under Advanced settings > Administration from where you can update your Router’s firmware.
- Download the router’s firmware manually from “www.router.asus.com” . You need to select the Model no. of Asus router.
- First, you have to look for the Model no. of the router on the backside of the router with proper version V1, V2… and you have to login into your Asus router page.
- Under that you can simply go to Support and select the Model number, you need to select Driver and Tools.
- Under Driver and Tools where you can select the Operating System whether it is Windows or MAC IOS or Android.
- After that, you can select the Latest version of firmware of the router.
- For the Asus router login page, you can open “www.asus.router.com” where it prompts for username and password for your Default credential.
- Once you login into your router you need to go to Administration > Router Upgrade.
- You can Click on Browse and Select the Downloaded firmware from your device and Click upgrade
- It will take 50-60 Seconds to update the New Firmware on your router.
- Now login into the asus router login page to check the current firmware version.
Frequent Asked Questions
In this case, resetting your router is the only option left to recover your ASUS router password. Press the reset button for 15 seconds and wait until the reset is done. Now you default admin password for asus router login.
Yes, the admin password is completely different from the WiFi password of your Asus router. You can use the admin password only to log in to your asus router login page. You can locate the default admin password on the router box itself.
Go to the router management page via the asus router login page on your computer or any other that is connected to your Asus router. Then go to the Router Settings> WiFi Settings, click on Edit WiFi settings to change the WiFi password, enter new WiFi and then click on Apply to save the new password.
The default WiFi password or Network security is located on the sticker labeled on the bottom of your router or on the back panel. You can also check the default WiFi password by login into the router.asus.com dashboard.
Reset your asus from the back panel. Press and hold the reset key for 15 seconds and wait for 3 minutes. Now you can access the Asus router login page with default username and password.
All the Asus WiFi routers come with an admin password. This admin password can be used for login into asus router login page to view or change the router settings.
Open the web browser and type www.router.asus.com to get the asus router login page. On the asus.router.login page, type “admin” for both username and password. You can use the default admin password if you haven’t changed it. The default admin password is admin.
- Connect your device to the Asus router network.
- Open any browser and type asus.router.com.
- On the asus router login page, enter username and password.
- Both Username and Password are admin.
- On the dashboard, click on the Wireless then go to general.
Here are some troubleshooting tips to solve the asus router login issue.
- Try with different web browsers.
- Use ethernet wired connection only.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 instead of asus.router.com.
- Clear cache and cookies on browser.
- Make sure your device is connected to the Asus router network.
- Use admin as both username and admin password in lowercase.
Default login for the Asus router is “admin” in lowercase.
192.168.1.1 is the default IP address for ASUS router.
Press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds. You can find the Reset button at the back panel of your router and go to router login page to enter default username and password.