Asus Router Login not Working: I have an Asus router at home that I have been using for the past 3 months. Recently, my producer issued an update that worsened the results.
So I uninstalled the update and, for safety reasons, my ISP asked me to change the password. But, I couldn’t when I tried to log in. Can anyone tell me what my Asus router login not working, and how can I fix it?
To set up a router according to the user’s needs, you must access the router’s configuration or setup tab. The Asus router doesn’t make a difference.
Even though it is simple to set it up, it’s just not practical to do it if you can’t login to my Asus router. Many explanations could be behind the mistake.
There are many factors behind the mistake, such as internet access is not right or the Asus router itself is not working properly, or the default IP address you entered could be incorrect.
Standard Procedure to Login to an Asus Router
If you have the correct technical knowledge, the process to be fixed is very easy to login to my Asus router computer. Therefore, we listed in this part of the article the steps to set up your Asus router normally.
- First of all, with the help of Ethernet cable, attach the LAN port of the Asus router to the LAN port of your device.
- Open a web browser and in the address box, enter the default IP address to open the router configuration settings. On the back of your Asus router, you will obtain the default address on the label.
- Now, enter credentials such as username and password on the login page to type them into the Asus router setup page. On the label at the back of the computer, the default username and password are also current.
- At the end, once everything you enter is right, then the configuration page will be displayed.
Solutions to Rectify Asus Router Login Issue
In this part, you will get the sets that will help you to remove this error easily. If you are not a tech-savvy person, then do not worry.
Follow the steps below If you cannot enter the configuration page:
- First of all, take an Ethernet cable to connect the computer to the router.
- Type’control panel,’ inside the search panel of your PC. Pick the ‘Control Panel’ choice from the search results. The ‘Control Panel Window’ will appear here.
- Locate and click on the ‘Network and Internet’ tab inside that window. Select the ‘Network and Sharing Hub’ choice next.
- Go to the left pane within that window and choose the ‘Adjust adapter settings’ connection.
- Open the new window and select the adapter that you have connected through the wire. Right-click on it and tap on the option ‘Properties. Within the ‘Properties’ window of that chosen adapter, locate and choose the option ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’.
- Now, select the option ‘Receive an IP address automatically’ and hit the button ‘OK’.
- Open a web browser, suppose Internet Explorer. Then, choose the ‘Tools’ menu, and from the Options list, select ‘Internet Options’
- On the Internet options window, select the tab ‘Connections’. Inside that tab, go to the section ‘Local Area Network (LAN) settings’ and click on the button ‘LAN settings’. Now, from the dialog box having the same name as the button, untick the option ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN. Then tap on the button ‘OK’.
- In the search box, type Windows Firewall, and choose the option ‘Windows Defender Firewall’. After that, from the left pane choose the link ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’. On the sections ‘Private network settings’ and ‘Public network settings,’ select the option ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.’. Finally, tap on ‘OK’ button.
Reset Your Asus Router
- You can fix this error, if you reset your Asus router to its default settings.
- Tap on button ‘Restore’ at the back of the router for up to five seconds or more until the power light starts to flash.
- After that, whereas the power button is remain flash, free the ‘Restore’ button.
- Now, once the light of the power is solid, then your router is set to the default configuration.
- At the end, try to access the configuration page of the router.
- Update the Firmware of Your Asus Router
- In order to rectify the issue cannot login to my Asus router login issue, you will have to update the firmware of the router to its latest version.
- First of all, open a web browser and go to the official Asus router website.
- Then, search the model number of the device and find the firmware on the website.
- When you have received the particular firmware for your router device, install it.
- After the process of download is complete, place the setup file and install the updated firmware.