How to Update the Firmware on ASUS Router? The firmware is software that is lodged inside the router and provides security and administrative controls on the router. They help routers to protect themselves from bugs and malwares through bug fixes that are found on the newer versions.
Upgrading to the latest versions of firmware files help fix any networking issues faced by the users and gives some new additional features that enhance the router’s productivity.
It is always suggested to update the firmware of your ASUS wireless router over its web protocol reach address router.asus.com to any newest version available.
[Wireless] How to update the firmware of Asus router?
Asus router login, Asus router setup or configuration of router – firmware update, wireless settings access, password access, accessing other router features is all achieved by the way of login default direct router.asus.com or default gateway IP. Upgrading firmware on ASUS wireless routers can be directed either on web GUI or manually.
How to manually upgrade firmware for an ASUS router?
To process such firmware updates on web GUI, you must direct Asus router login by router.asus.com and download the newest version file of firmware for your Asus router model from the Asus official website www.asus.com with your specific model number and other required details.
Download and keep the file safe on your computer to be able to update manually. This is done automatically by the router once a new version is available through web GUI. It is suggested to avoid firmware updates if you are new to handling routers, else take help from experts.
All 8 Steps to Firmware Update on Asus Router:
- Step 1: Open a web browsing window on your computer or mobile device to direct router.asus.com to reach out to Web GUI of the Asus router utilizing Asus router login process.
- Step 2: Go in for Asus router login by entering router.asus.com in the address bar of your web browser.
- Step 3: The above steps direct you to the Asus router’s login page, if not, try default gateway to enter web GUI through default IP address http://192.168.1.1 across browser’s address bar.
- Step 4: The AsusRT – N15U router login page is reached.
- Step 5: Complete the Asus router login by filling in the required login credentials to enter the admin page of your router’s web interface.
- Step 6: The default Asus login username and password should be filled in as ‘admin’ in both respective login fields to certain access to the Asus router across router.asus.com.
- Step 7: The web interface setup page shows up on the screen.
- Step 8: Initiate the firmware update process on Asus router model of yours.
For Asus Router Firmwate Manual Update [ 3 Steps ]
- Opt for Update now option on the Web GUI, which you accessed in former steps by way of Asus router login via router.asus.com.
- Select the Administration option being displayed at the bottom of Web GUI of Asus router.
- Reach for system page and opt firmware update process.
After ASUS firmware update is DONE, restore your Asus router to default settings through Asus router reset.
Asus Router Firmware Related Search:
- asus router firmware download
- asus firmware restoration utility
- asus router firmware update cannot connect
- how to update asus router firmware manually
- asus firmware update rt-ac68u
- asus router firmware update failed
- asus rt-n66u firmware
- asus router firmware update stuck