Asus router login and access stepsLogging and access to the web interface of your Router Asus is the first step in installing your home or business router. Logging also allows you to access advanced settings of your router, such as username, password and security encryptions.
- Unbox your Router Asus by removing everything out of the box. Make sure you have got the entire accessories with the router.
- Open the Asus router and take out the router, antennas, if it has any, the power line adapter, and the Ethernet cable.
- Compare and cross-check the devices from the user manual guide, you received with your Router Asus.
- Install your router Asus with the modem using an Ethernet cable. Take out the Ethernet cable and plug it into the available WAN port on your modem.
- After that plugin the remaining end of this Ethernet cable into the available WAN port of your Router Asus.
- Place your Asus Router near the modem only till the setup is completed. The ports that you will use to connect your Asus router are usually colour coded.
- Plug the other Ethernet cable into the LAN port on your router Asus while the other end will go into the LAN port on your computer, laptop, or PC wherever you are using for the configuration.
- Always use an AC power adapter to connect your router to the electric outlet, it helps to avoid connection and power issues.
- Use a free power outlet near the modem to connect your router’s AC power adapter.
- Use a reliable surge protector to protect your hardware from surges that happen when the electricity goes out.
- If you don’t have any computer to connect with your router, use the wireless connection to connect your router.
- Just turn on the WIFI on your mobile device and connect it to the WIFI network of your router by tapping on the SSID of the router.
Router.asus.com login procedureWhen you are done with the entire setup as explained in the above section, you need to turn on the devices one by one. First of all turn on the router, and then the computer, at last turn on the modem to begin the router.asus.com login process.
- On your PC, unlock a web browser. Enter the router Asus default IP address.
- If you don’t know the IP address, then enter the default web URL www.router.asus.com
- Moreover, the default IP address of your router Asus is http://192.168.1.1 or you can also use www.192.168.0.1 and then hit the enter key.
- After that, you will get the router ASUS login window which will further ask for a user ID and password.
- Both the default user ID and the password has been given on the label or the user manual of your Asus router. Have a deep look at your router’s printed sticker.
- The default user ID includes the username and password which are either ‘admin & admin’ or ‘admin & password’
- As soon as you enter the username ‘admin’ and password ‘password’ then you will access the Basic home page or the interface of your Router Asus WIFI device.
How to Locate the Default IP Address of my Router Using Control Panel?
- Visit and access the Windows search bar on your computer, which is next to the Start menu.
- Next, you are to type the paraphrase “Control Panel” and click the enter button.
- Tap on the Control Panel app to unlock the Control Panel window. Select the option labelled with “Network and Internet” from the menu.
- Under the tab “Network and Sharing Center,” you need to select the “View Network Status and Tasks” option in the next field.
- Click on the field marked with “Connection.” This will redirect you to a separate window with all of your network and connection details.
- Click on the option marked with “Details” and in the next window, look for the encryption “Ipv4 DHCP Server.”
- The set of numbers that you are seeing next to this encryption is your Router Asus IP address.
- Once you become successful in locating the IP address of your Router Asus, type it into Addy of the internet browser to continue the login process.